Add up the benefits and see how you will come out ahead with a competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) from Excelsior College.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business with accounting concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior’s 8 or 15-week online courses in accounting and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can even test out of subjects you’ve already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Designed for working adults looking to get ahead in their careers, this online business and accounting program culminates in a capstone in which you’ll demonstrate your knowledge through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Earn your degree from an accredited college in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Take flexible, online accounting classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your accounting-focused BS in Business.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that helps make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree that’s accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education .
An Online Business Degree That Stands Out in the Job Market
Excelsior College has been helping working adults complete their degrees for more than 40 years. We understand the challenges you face, and are dedicated to removing these obstacles.
Our accounting courses meet rigorous academic standards and are regularly revised to include the latest advances in professional theory and practice. With a bachelor’s in business degree from Excelsior College, you’ll successfully compete in the accounting job market, and perform more effectively in your workplace.
Take online accounting courses such as:
- Accounting for Managers
- Accounting Theory
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting I
- Intermediate Accounting II
- Managerial Accounting
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one’s chosen career field.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 54 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 6 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 – 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course
See the credit requirements in chart form :
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Accounting (NYS CPA track) and Bachelor of Science in Business.
IACBE Specialized Accreditation
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd. Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org . The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE: Bachelor of Science in Business and Master of Business Administration.
Associate and Bachelor’s Programs FAQ
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159
Washington DC Center
2000 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036