The submission of this form does not create an attorney/client relationship; and the information may not be attorney/client privileged or confidential.
HURT? YOU NEED A CARING INJURY ATTORNEY
Our Firm Proudly Represents West Palm Beach whether because of an intentional action, out of negligence or under strict liability laws?
Types of Cases We Handle
- Slips / Falls / Premises Liability : In June of 2010, Governor Charlie Crist signed House Bill 689. a bill that could make slip and fall victims’ cases harder to prove in Florida. Slip and fall accident cases require an attorney that is familiar with the changes in the laws surrounding the requirements that property owners must follow to protect visitors in Florida. This area of practice also is known as “premises liability.”
- Vehicle Accidents: The most common types of vehicle accidents are auto accidents, semi truck crashes and motorcyle wrecks. But virtually any vehicle from ATVs to golf cars to riding mowers can cause serious injures, prompting a civil suit.
- Medical Malpractice: According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, these cases are among the most difficult for the victim to win. In such cases the burden is on the plantiff to prove that a doctor, lab or hospital was negligent in causing harm to an individual.
- Wrongful Death: A case involving wrongful death can contain any category of personal injury above, as well as almost any other injury caused by negligence or inattention resulting in death.
How is Liability Determined?
In the majority of personal injury cases, your lawyer must prove negligence. Liability, or legal responsibility, takes different forms. In most personal injury cases, liability results from negligence. When a person acts carelessly or thoughtlessly or fails to act in a manner that a reasonable person is expected to act, and that person’s actions cause someone harm, then the person who caused the harm is considered to be negligent. When someone’s actions do not meet legally recognized standards of care to prevent causing harm to others, then the actions are deemed negligent, and that negligence assigns liability. When someone is liable in an injury case, he has at least some legal responsibility to the injured person. Our lawyers can help prove the other party’s negligence in your case.
Other forms of liability exist that also result in personal injury. For example, some scenarios and certain injuries that result have a strict liability that is specified by law. Under Florida regulations, dog owners are strictly liable for any injuries caused by their dogs, regardless of the circumstances of the attack or the incident.
Damages Could Include.
Though accidents do happen, they usually happen for a reason. If that reason is completely or even partially someone else’s fault, then you might be entitled to monetary compensation. For personalized representation in West Palm Beach, choose us. We have more than 20 years of experience in helping people like you receive timely closure to an often painful chapter in your life. Personal injuries extend beyond the physical experience of discomfort, pain, loss of limb or loss of life. Damages also might include:
- emotional or mental suffering by you or affected loved ones
- economic impact of lost wages or loss of earning capacity
- medical expenses related to the injury
- cost of repairs or replacement for damaged property, such as a vehicle involved in a collision
- funeral and burial expenses, in the most extreme cases
Florida regulations restrict damages that can be awarded in some circumstances. For example, because the state follows pure comparative negligence rules, the amount of damages you are awarded in West Palm Beach is reduced according to your level of fault in causing the accident that resulted in your injury. In legal terms, this is known as contributory negligence. We can counter the defendant’s attempts at assigning a greater degree of blame to you as the victim than is appropriate.
Who Pays for Damages in a Car Accident?
Millions of Americans are forced to deal with the painful effects of serious auto accidents each year. Victims of auto accidents often are forced to suffer through excruciating pain as a result of their injuries. Such injuries also could be detrimental to a victim’s ability to earn income in addition to having to deal with vehicle damage from the accident that often leaves the car inoperable. Many injuries are debilitating and prevent victims from returning to work after an accident, leaving already vulnerable victims and their loved ones in a bind during a time in which they already are facing challenging and painful experiences.
In West Palm Beach and around the County, there are (on average) more than 15,000 traffic accidents reported each year. These accidents leave thousands of victims and their loved ones desperate, and searching for ways to deal with the ensuing trauma.
For injuries that result from an auto accident, the person responsible for the accident often is not personally liable to pay for those injuries or damages. Florida regulations restrict the plaintiff’s ability to file a personal injury claim against the other party’s insurance company, regardless of who is to blame for an accident. As a no-fault insurance state. Florida requires injured parties to pursue a claim with their own insurance company. In most instances, no matter who caused the accident, the insurance company takes care of the medical expenses and lost income of the injured party covered under its policy. A personal injury claim can be made against the at-fault driver if the accident resulted in permanent injury, significant and permanent scarring, or disfigurement.
An injury attorney in West Palm Beach can help you better understand the nuances of Florida’s no-fault laws. Call today to set up a free consultation and case review.